Given the extraordinary circumstances of the past several months, a situation which is likely to continue for some time to come, the Board of Directors for the Bassin versant du Lac Heney Watershed /Association for the Protection of Lac Heney, has taken the decision to conduct this year’s annual meeting virtually.
This year’s PowerPoint presentation, which would normally be presented in person, is available on the Bassin versant du Lac Heney Watershed website for your consultation. The presentation provides updates on lake water quality results for each of the five ‘Heney Watershed’ lakes, the association’s finances, communications initiatives, and our new Bay Captain program. We would really like to see new Board members, or if you are concerned about the time commitment please consider volunteering for our committees.
The Foundation normally holds its AGM in conjunction with the Association. This year, however, that will not be possible. The Foundation annual audit reports are not available yet, and when they are, they will be distributed to Foundation members only for their comments. At that point, the Foundation AGM will be scheduled.
Governance of the Foundation is distinct from the Association. Expressions of interest in joining the membership of the Foundation are welcome. Please contact Tom McKenna, Foundation President; or Chantal Proulx, Secretary-Treasurer, via Contact us.
A vote from members will be required to approve last year’s financial statement, next year’s budget, and to elect new and ongoing directors to the Board. If you are interested in being a part of the good work of the association, now is the time to let us know! Please contact Nominating Chair Tom McKenna (via Contact us).
- Please take the time to read the presentation and address your questions and suggestions to the ‘contact us’ website link, or directly to the directors below by September 30, and we will endeavour to respond in the coming weeks.
- Motions that require a vote will be sent directly to members in good standing by email by October 16. If you are a member and we don’t have your up-to-date email address, please provide it to Duka Kitaljevich, Treasurer (contact info below) by October 16.
- Votes will need to be received by October 31 to be counted.
Important: You must be a member in good standing to vote. This includes having your membership fees up to date. If you haven’t yet renewed your membership, you can do so on our website at https://mylacheney.ca/ and to email us, go to the Contact us tab. You will either need to provide an email address to vote online or you can confidentially send your votes to Ashwin Shingadia, Association Secretary (via Contact us).
These times are unprecedented, and we will all miss our annual BBQ and social catch-up. However, although we can’t meet in person, the work of your association continues to be crucial for the protection of our lakes now and in the future.
Thank you for your continued support!
- Roger Larson, Association President
- Tom McKenna, Foundation President
- Hélène Goulet, Association Vice-Présidente
- Ashwin Shingadia, Association Secretary
- Duka Kitaljevich, Association Treasurer
- Chantal Proulx, Foundation Treasurer
- Aileen Shaw
- Sean Sutton
- Rock Radovan
- Michael Wolfson
- Ted Billey
- Diane Billey
- Chantal Landry